Below are some of my talks, presentations, workshops, videos, guest posts, etc. I’m delighted to be able to share these resources with you. I trust you will find something that resonates with your own journey.
These materials are arranged by different types of media/materials. Within each section, items are listed chronologically with the most current being at the top of the section. Feel free to download where applicable. Most materials are PDF documents so if you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can get it here.
- Rhodes Wellness College is where I did my coaching and counselling training. I describe my time there as a giant 8 month therapy session. I began to acknowledge and truly grieve my own losses. I am delighted to have an ongoing association with Rhodes teaching the Employment Counselling module to first year students and Special Topics on Grief and Loss for second year students. Here’s a bit more about my path before and after Rhodes:
- Presented on loss and grief in organizations at the Your Workplace 2015 Conference in Toronto. They interviewed me after my session. Here are some of the snippets.
Guest Posts & Publications
- Planning for the Unexpected Article for Your Workplace September 2015, vol 17, issue 5. Considers resilience and workplace culture in the context of the unexpected death of senior leadership.
- What To Do When The Dream Isn’t Working Out As Planned Article for Spring/Summer 2015 Newsletter from Osborne Village Resource Centre in Winnipeg Manitoba. (Newsletter page 4.) Theme is toxic workplaces.
- Looking for Career Inspiration in All the Hurt Places. Guest post for CCPA Career Counsellors Chapter. Jun 2015.
Presentations – slide sets (pdf)
- Exploring Difficult Conversations – BCHPCA Conference – Vancouver, BC – June 2013
- Brain, Empathy, Creativity, NVC – OCCUPY Vancouver – Vancouver, BC – April 2012
- Mindfulness – Finding Peace in Paradox – Spirit At Work – Vancouver, BC – 2009
- Preparing for Uncertainty: Paradoxical Challenges in Management Education – ASAC Conference – May 2006
- Technology in the Home: Are You Ready for e-Living – Carleton University Spring Conference – May 2003
Talks – recordings (mp3)
- TALK: The Little Red Car and Freedom, Sunday Service – Centre for Spiritual Living Vancouver – Vancouver, BC – August 4th 2013 at 11 AM.
- Love is… – Unity of Vancouver – Vancouver, BC – February 2013
- Let Your Light Shine – Unity of Vancouver – Vancouver, BC – October 2011
Workshops – handouts (pdf)
- Manifesting the Experience You Desire – Centre for Spiritual Living – Vancouver, BC – September – 2013
- Vulnerability and Shame – Rhodes Wellness College Mini Conference – Vancouver, BC – August – 2013
- Finessing Your Listening Skills – Vancouver Hospice Society – Vancouver, BC – 2011
- Let’s Talk About Death – Vancouver Hospice Society – Vancouver, BC – 2011
- Experience Mindfulness Through Improvisational Theatre – Unity of Vancouver – February 2010
- Polarity Management and Improvisational Theatre – AIN Conference – Portland, OR – 2009
Copyright © Dr. Catherine Hajnal 2003-2017. All rights reserved.